The Belmont Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to The Belmont Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- This Hotel has lift access to all floors.
- The access size for our lift is 800mm width and 1000mm depth.
Directions to the hotel
- Direction from M5: Take Junction 30, then head south-east on the Sidmouth Rd/A376.
- After 04.miles at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A3052 Sidmouth.
- After 6.9miles you come to Newton Poppleford. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto High St/A3052, and continue to follow the A3052 for 2.0 miles.
- Turn right towards the B3176 Sidmouth, then turn left and continue on the B3176 for 1.9 miles.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Station Rd/B3176.
- At the next mini roundabout turn right onto the Esplanade, and after 150 yards the Hotel will be on the right hand side.
- Our postcode is EX10 8RX.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, fax or e-mail.
- Directions to the Hotel can be found on our website or we would be pleased to forward them on to you by post or by e-mail.
- Should you require a taxi from Exeter St David’s Railway Station, Honiton Railway Station or Exeter Airport, we use a reliable company and would be able to book them on your behalf.
When you arrive at the hotel
- There is a drop off point at the main entrance to the hotel.
- There is one designated disabled parking space in the car park at the front of the hotel. There is also plenty of general car parking, all on a slight incline.
- Entrance to the main Reception of the hotel is from a level parking area.
- Our porter is always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. Our porter can also help you upon departure.
- The floor is carpeted.
- Our Reception area is all on one level on the ground floor.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check in.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The main bar / lounge is on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
- The Belmont Restaurant is on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
- Horizon Restaurant has level access off the main Reception corridor or two steps from the car park.
- There is a function / lounge room on the ground floor. The Victoria Suite has level access off the main Reception corridor and through the main bar/lounge.
- All doors in these areas are on auto closures.
- Our disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor with easy access from the Reception, Sidmouth Suite, main bar / lounge, Victoria Suite and the Belmont Restaurant. Our disabled toilet is fitted with an emergency alarm.
- Ladies toilet is available on the ground floor adjacent to the disabled toilet.
- The ladies boudoir located in the main hotel is accessed by two flights of stairs (two in the first flight, thirteen in the second).
- The Gents toilets are located on the ground floor behind Reception.
The Belmont Restaurant & Horizon
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is full table service.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- There are 50 bedrooms situated over four floors.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms but all are fitted with grab rails over the bath.
- There is a lift, with Braille, to all floors but access to some rooms will still mean the use of one or more steps. Where there are steps to rooms these are fitted with hand rails.
- On the second floor, there is a deluxe Twin / Double room with a very spacious bathroom including a bath with a shower overhead.
- There are various rooms with a walk in shower, although access to three of the rooms on the third floor has steps.
- There is a single room on the ground floor with a walk in shower. This has a slightly raised lip on entry to shower.
- There are telephones in all rooms and 24 hour room service is available.
- Our rooms have an electronic security lock system.
- There is outside seating to the front of the hotel. This is on a paved surface on two levels. The top level is accessed by one step from the main lounge while for the lower level there are a further five steps. Coming from the car park, there are two steps for the top level and a ramp for the lower level.
- The gardens are to the rear of the hotel and are accessed via two steps from the courtyard and a slight incline.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- High chair.
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafgards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01395 512555
Fax: 01395 579101
The Belmont Hotel